Monday, July 19, 2010

Hit the Restart Button!

Last week we figured out what a Plateau actually is, and how a positive mindset is essential if you want to break out of your rut.

This week we're taking action! What are the steps one should take to get the weight loss machine started again? You don't have to sit and wait for things to change themselves. As always, it's up to you!


Tool of the week:

The featured product this week is the Point Pedometer!



This little tool is awesome! It counts your steps (of course) but also your mileage and you point earned. It's small, easy to use, has a safety clip and a "pause" button.

Let me know if you want one and I'll make sure to have them on hand. It is a very motivating little tool!


What’s going on?

Between the 4th of July break, my husband's birthday and my week long stomach flu, I haven't seen some of you in forever it seems! I'm back with a vengeance!

The big celebrations are done, now it's just time to enjoy summer. If you want the sun and the heat, head to Sonoma County. If you want to cool off, come down to the City!

Don't you love the Bay Area?

In the Kitchen

I have many many (MANY) cookbooks of all sorts, and all ethnicity. Still, the ones I use the most are my Weight Watchers cookbooks. The recipes are simple, healthy and delicious. I was planning my week, and took out my Meals in Minute cookbook (2003).

There's a soup in there that I love. For some reason, it's the perfect soup for an evening after being outside all day. It's easy and quick, but mainly it's delicious! you can puree the whole thing, but sometimes, when I want to be fuffy about it, I'll chop carefully and at the end puree only half of it. Makes it more chunky. ;o)

Quick Jalapeño Corn Soup
6 servings, 2 pts/serving

Ingredients
2 tsp Olive oil
1 Onion; chopped
2 Garlic cloves; minced
2 1/2 c Corn kernels
2 Red potatoes; peeled and
1/2 Jalapeño pepper; seeded
De veined and chopped
(wear gloves to prevent
3 cups Low-sodium chicken broth
¼ tsp Salt or to taste
¼ tsp Freshly ground pepper or to taste
1/2 Red bell pepper; seeded and diced
1 TBSP Chopped cilantro

Direction
1- Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over med-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and stir 15 seconds. Stir in the corn, potatoes, and jalapeño; cook stirring, until the corn begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the vegetables can easily be mashed, about 15 minutes.

2- Transfer to a food processor or blender (I use an immersion blender!), add the salt and pepper, and puree. Serve sprinkled with the bell pepper and cilantro.

Serving size: 3/4 cup
Meals in Minutes (2003), Weight Watcher, P. 89

At Work Corner

In an effort to cut on parking cost, and to be a little more environment friendly, I'm trying to organize things so that I can Muni around a little more.

That means that I need to travel light! If there is anything that you need, please email me and I will bring it for you. That way I don't have to carry "everything" all the time.

I have a boat load of food scales and Easy Measure sets! Those can be very useful to help you kick start your weight loss.

If for any reason you can't make your meeting at work, you are more than welcome to attend a meeting at any center - traveler. You have paid for it already!

You can find meetings close to home or to your vacation site at:
www.weightwatchers.com

Here's my meetings:

http://seamountains.net/mtg.html

Have a successful, enjoyable week!

Keep in mind that I'm always an email away! If you have questions, concerns, if you are looking for a particular tool and can't find it let me know!

Have a great week!! See you at your meeting!


Melanie

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” - Robert Brault

1 comment: