Monday, November 8, 2010

17 Sleeps to Thanksgiving!!! Can you believe that?

This meeting is a tradition at Weight Watchers, the “Thanksgiving meeting”.

Come to see how to make Thanksgiving a successful AND an enjoyable day.

We’ll talk about what to eat, how much to eat, how to keep the focus without losing the fun! How does that sound?

If you have recipes or ideas that you want to share please bring them in!! The more the better!

Tool of the Week

Do you have any of the Weight Watchers Cookbooks? Those are great resources for healthy delicious recipes both for your family and for company!!

I will bring around any cookbook I have left; they are 50% off right now too!!

What’s going on?

Are you excited yet? The week after Thanksgiving is IT! I can’t wait to tell you all about it!

In the meantime we are gearing up and preparing for party season.

No matter if you are partying with 150 people or just by yourself, remember that the focus should not be so much on shopping, cooking and stressing out. It’s party time!

In the middle of spoiling and pampering your loved ones, remember to put yourself on the top of that list. You deserve it!

In the kitchen

This recipe is in the Healthy & Happy Celebration cookbook. This book is fabulous, full of great recipes for entertaining.

I made this for an event I had this weekend, and it was a hit too! So it’s not just me. Even my husband loved it and it’s not “his kind of stuff” as he says himself. I know it’s a lot of celery, but it absolutely works! Delicious!

Apple Celery and Herb Salad
12 servings 1 pt/serving


Ingredients

1 bunch celery, trimmed and thinly sliced

2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced (I cored and ¼-ed the apples before slicing)

3 Tablespoons orange juice

1/4 cup lightly packed flat leaf parsley leaves

2 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives (diagonally is prettier)

1 Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves

zest and juice of 1 lemon

4 teaspoon olive oil

2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I used whole grain, it's prettier I’m fuffy that way)

1/2 teaspoon salt


1- Combine celery, apples, orange juice, parsley, chives, and tarragon in a large bowl.


2- Whisk together lemon zest and juice, olive oil, mustard, and salt in a small bowl. Pour dressing over celery and apples mixture and toss.


For 3/4 cup: Cal 56, fat 2g, sod 160mg, Carb 10g, Fib 3g, Prot 1g, Calc 46mg

(from Healthy & happy Celebration p 145)

At Work Corner

As always, let me know if you need anything and I will do my best to find it for you. I’ve found a few pocket guide/Journal covers. I’m bringing them around.

I also have cookbooks left. Those will go from meeting to meeting until I run out. If there is any you are interested in, grab them. They are going soon.

Otherwise I’ve very low on products. I am trying to find some more, I have a big order coming for end of November. It’s only a few weeks!!

As always, if you can’t attend your weekly meeting, you are welcome to attend any traditional meeting. You can find my schedule at:

http://seamountains.net/mtg.html

You have paid for attendance already, it’s included in your series.

Have a good week!

Email me if you need anything, I’m there for you!!

A little planning ahead can make this Thanksgiving a successful and enjoyable one!

Your leader

Melanie


“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.”
~ Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment