Friday, October 22, 2010

Trick or Treat!

Oh, this is SO my favorite time of the year. I get to disguise myself, hide behind the door, and scare little kids to death before handing them candies. How fun!

The challenge though, is not eating all the candies myself. Not only that, but there’s candies everywhere! What do I do? Should I hide? Avoid any Halloween get together?

No need!! You can navigate the Halloween fun without letting it lead you away from your goal. Let's get together to plan a good start to the party season.

Tool of the Week

If you’ve ever taken a peek in my bag, you surely have seen a little pack of Fruities hiding among my stuff.


Fruities are a perfect little taste fix. A whole pack is 1 pt!! They are the perfect little taste when only a taste is needed.

P.S. I discovered this week that they work pretty well as cough drops too! HA!

What’s going on?

The Lose for Good campaign is over and we did beautifully. I’m taking this week to compile all our losses and will report to you next week.

What have you learned through the campaign?

Halloween starts the Party Season and it’s time to start thinking about what the plan is to enjoy the good times without ending up feeling guilty and defeated comes January.

There is 10 weeks to go before January 1st, isn’t that scary? Make sure to come to your meeting whenever you can during those 10 weeks. It’s the key to staying on track!

In the Kitchen

I did these for a Halloween party a few years back and they were a hit. The Point value will vary depending on the brand/recipes you use and the serving size, but it’s a lot of fun to put together!

Wormy Mud

You need:

A package (or two) of brownie mix. I used the No Pudge to cut down on pts
A pack (or two) of gummy worms
A large shallow bowl

Cook the brownie mix following the package directions, let cool enough to handle. Crumble the brownies in the large shallow bowl and mix in the worms.

Add-on: You can use a handful of FiberOne cereal to throw in. They look like twigs making the “mud” look more realistic.

Funky Eggs

You need;

Hardboiled eggs (shells on)
A glass bowl with enough water to cover all the eggs
Green food coloring (other colors work too, mixes can make some really interesting eggs)

Once the eggs are cooked, crack the shells by rolling the eggs between a hard surface and your hand being careful not to squish them. Do not remove the shells.

Once the shells are good and cracked all over, put the eggs in a bowl of water to which you have added 20-25 drops of food coloring. Let soak 10-15 minutes.

Remove the eggs and peel off the shells. The results should be eggs with a marble effect in green.

Creepy Punch

You need:

A bowl of fruit punch (I like to mix pineapple, pomegranate and tangerine juice).
A clean rubber glove.
2+ cup of orange juice.

Fill the glove with orange juice, tie the wrist securely and put in the freezer.

Just before serving take the glove out of the freezer and peel off the orange juice “hand”. Put the hand in the punch bowl.

It looks creepier as it melts!

There are tons of ideas like that floating around on the web. These are very simple ones that I used in a party for adults!! Can’t be too old for a little fun. :o)

At Work Corner

I know, I know, supplies are low! I’m doing my best to try and carry everything around so that all my group get as much as possible in food and cookbooks and whatever else I’ve got left to offer.

If there is a particular thing that you want, let me know and I will try to get it for you, but it is a time of transition and we are product challenged just now.


On the other hand, when your favorite run out, it’s the perfect time to try something new isn’t it?

Have a good week!

Please don’t be afraid of emailing me if you need anything. I’m there for you!

If you can’t make your regular meeting you can find my schedule at:


Have a skinny week!! See you in the meeting room!

Your leader

Melanie

“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.”
~ Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment