Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lose for Good is here!



Hello out there! I finally caught up with myself and am up and running!

It’s that time of the year again. For the 3rd year Weight Watchers is launching the Lose for Good Campaign. For the next 7 weeks our weight loss will not only benefit us, but the children in need all across the US.More about that at your meeting this week.
Helping can take many forms, we will see what we can do to help however we can. There will be food drives at all Weight Watchers Centers, where you can bring your donation any week of the campaign.

For the Traveler locations we are still working the details, but I'm thinking of having our food drives on the 4th (Sept 26th to Oct 2nd) and the 7th (Oct 17th to Oct 23rd) week of the campaign. This remains to be confirmed, but if that stands I'll be able to plan on having my super Matrix to carry the donation on those 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, I do not have the ability to carry donations around from my At Work meetings. I’m strongly inviting you to just donate to a charity of your choice or to stop by a center to drop your canned goods in the donation barrels.

Remember that Lose for Good isn’t only about donating food! We can also give by LOSING WEIGHT. How cool is that?? Step by step we can help ourselves by helping others. What a concept! Be there!

Tool of the week:

The food scale!

Ok, have I ever mentioned that I love the Weight watchers food scale? I do!! It does everything but track for you. It’s easy to use, easy to clean and will save you time and energy.



You know what’s even better? It’s on sale! $24.95 instead of $39.95!

If you want to buy one let me know, I’ll carry extras.

P.S. If you would like a demonstration let me know. I know that thing inside out, I use it every day!


What’s going on?

Obviously the Lose for Good Campaign is taking center stage.

I’ve been planning and plotting to organize little get-togethers in my various groups. Keep an eye out for invites, we might just have something planned for you!!

Labor Day marks, for a lot of us, the return of the routine after the summer slow down. Are you ready? How’s your work out routine? Your food planning?

Bring your ideas, discoveries, challenges to your meeting. We want to hear all about it! We’ll be eager to either help you, learn from you, or both!

In the Kitchen

I have a boatload of recipes that I’ve used forever and that I have no idea where they come from. The history student in me always feels very guilty to pass on a recipe without giving the origin of it, but this time I have no idea!

I’ve done this soup (or different versions of it) many many times and we love it a lot. It’s one of my many “I don’t have time to cook!” recipes. Everything in there is cooked already, except the onions, you just throw it in, warm it up, DONE!

I know it’s a little bit early for Pumpkin recipes, but I eat them all year round so there!

Pumpkin Black Bean Soup


Ingredients
1 TBSP olive oil (could use spray)
1 medium onion finely chopped
3 cups canned or packaged vegetable stock
1 can diced tomatoes in juice -- (14.5 oz.)
1 can black beans drained -- (15 oz)
2 cans pumpkin puree -- (15 oz)
1 cup evaporated skim milk
1 TBSP Curry powder
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
Salt to taste

Directions

Heat soup pot over medium heat. Add oil and Sauté onion 5 min.
Add broth, tomatoes, beans, and pumpkin. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med. Low and stir in cream and spices.
Simmer 5 min.

How much easier can this get?

At Work Corner

Please please if you need anything, let me know! The best way to get to me is always to drop me an email at willow@seamountains.net I will read everything and answer as soon as I can.

If for any reason you can't make your meeting at work, you are more than welcome to attend a meeting at any center - traveler. You have paid for it already!

You can find meetings close to home or to your vacation site at:
www.weightwatchers.com

Here are my meetings:
http://seamountains.net/mtg.html


Have an awesome week!


Never be afraid to email me at any time. I’m there for you!!

Have a wonderful week! Now that summer is fading all across the North, we are getting ready for ours in the City. How cool is that???

Melanie

P.S. If you want to receive my note by emails let me know at willow@seamountains.net


“Knowledge is power and enthusiasm pulls the switch.”
Steve Droke

No comments:

Post a Comment